Why 1.6.4 and 1.7.2?


PirateGamer

Well, I guys, so I'm Pirate Gamer and I am going to explain why am I doing this mod for 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 only... Firstly you will need to know that I'm making the first version of the mod for 1.6.4, then I'll make a copy of it, this time I'll be updating it to 1.7.2. After that every single updates will be for 1.6.4 and then remaked for 1.7.2, so this two versions will be keep updated for a long time. So now the reasons why this versions, why I don't make for 1.7.10, or 1.8?

My conditions
The first reason why, is because my computer is actually an old computer, My laptop is near by 7 years old. So it has a really old GPU (Graphic Card). When Minecraft got into 1.7.4 it switched the OpenGL 2.0 to OpenGL 2.1, wich my GPU can not support. In other words I can't play the versions of Minecraft higher than 1.7.2 because I will receive a crash.

Everyone's conditions
This is not a uncommon situation, there are lots of people with the same problem I have, So I want to give to everyone the same chances of playing Minecraft with my mod!

May be too hard?
Well, the forge for Minecraft gets a lot of changes from every single update. From 1.6.4 to 1.7.2 there are some differences on forge so that is the reason why you can't play mods for 1.6.4 in Minecraft 1.7.2, This is possible but more complicated! So the versions of 1.7.4 are different form 1.7.2, and the versions of forge for Minecraft 1.7.10 and 1.8 will be even more different, and has there's no much information (at least that is what I think) about programming in this versions, It would be harder!


This are the reasons why I don't make the mod for the latest versions. Hope you understand that, probably on future I can be able to do something like that but for now thats not possible!
If I wanted to do that I would have to send the mod to someone that can run the latest versions of Minecraft and it could be a little boring. So I prefer to not do the mod for this versions yet.

Se you the next update! ;p
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is my other channel's name don't worry about it. My name is PirateGamer, I'm a youtuber, also I have lots of blogs, forums, websites and other stuff, I already created some games and this is my first mod for Minecraft, I made it because I was wondering about a mod about Fairy Tail, so I decided to make this one!
    Blogger Comment

1 comments:

  1. Hey Im DDayMc and I'm also working on a mod fairy tail and i think we are both begginers at modding but if you want to ya know bind both our mods into one :D it is okay if u dont want to but im just asking ;D anyways if u want to find me u can go to this link http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2514667-wip-fairy-tail-mod-0-0-1-beta-version-coming-soon i hope u want to cooperate :D

    ReplyDelete